Darrell White OAM

Darrell White

May I take this opportunity to express my grateful thanks and appreciation to all community members who favoured me with your vote in the recent Latrobe City Council South Ward election, and for your voting support over the years.

From the outset of becoming a Latrobe Councillor in 1997, I’ve always endeavoured to serve the best interests of the community which I have represented, including being a good listener, and I’ve always been focused on solutions outcomes and balanced development. To have had the duty and responsibility of being Latrobe City’s Mayor for four terms (1997, 2004, 2011, 2018) over these years has been a genuine honour, and presented many unique challenges for me in each term.

Over my time, Latrobe City Council has matured to become a dynamic organisation with a great people culture, and in that time, has successfully faced many and varied challenges, adapting to changing economic and social circumstances. The range of matters that has needed to be addressed by Council has been broad and included economic development and events, the planning scheme, community services delivery,new and existing infrastructure, good governance, financial management and more.

Much has been achieved across Latrobe City, including the redevelopment of our Churchill Town Centre Precinct, creation of the Churchill Hub, provision of sporting facilities such as the Churchill Bowling Green and the regional hockey facility, along with the on-going development of Mathison Park. In addition, Boolarra’s Multi-purpose Building renovation and the current Yinnar Memorial Hall renovations are important for community health and well-being outcomes.

I would like to express my appreciation and especially acknowledge the dedication and on-going commitment of all our community volunteers who are making a positive difference through their involvement in various community Associations and Groups. It has been a privilege for me to be associated with people who are driven, and who take great pride in serving the best interests and outcomes for our Latrobe City community.

I also want to take this occasion to thank the Churchill News team for your tireless invaluable cooperation and assistance over many years which I have greatly valued and appreciated.

Thanks again to you all for your support over the years, including especially my team of helpers – I’ve always done my best to fairly represent all interests.

In closing -au revoir